Friday, November 21, 2014

Night Time and People Part 1

Painting in the Dark
This was taking indoors with only two lights. One light was a blue glow stick and the other was a glow in the dark tooth brush that changed from green to red. For this photo I had my model sit as still as possible while I pained around him with the blue. I did put a 10 second timer on the picture so I would be able to get over near him and draw. I do like the swirly blue circle above the model, which i achieved by swinging the light around using the string that was attached. 
Camera Settings:
Aperture: f/4.5
Shutter Speed: 15.0
ISO 400

Smokey 
After a long night, the cat finally settled down enough for me to get this photo. This photo is for my loved ones picture. I first tried to take a picture of my friend holding him, but I decided that it would look better if it was just him sitting on the bed. I converted this photo to a black and white with color, but I decided to include the blankets color because it added to the mojo look. 
Camera Settings:
Aperture: f/4.8
Shutter Speed: 1/20
ISO 200

Strangers Portrait 
This is Tarren. Tarren is 4 years old and loves to hang out and play. I met Tarren last night when i went to a friends house, and asked if i could take his picture, and he was more than happy and couldn't stop asking about how i was tang the photo. He was very thankful when it was over because he was getting tired of the flash going off. This photo was actually taking in the morning when he was distracted. I like this photo more than the ones I took at night because this one doesn't have the harsh shadows, that were created by the flash. 
Camera Settings:
Aperture: f/4.8
Shutter Speed: 1/20
ISO 200


1 comment:

  1. Wow! That light painting is really really cool! I really like how it's like he's so focused on this light that he's holding that he doesn't really realize what's happening around him. I really like the design of the blue around him and the shades of yellow, green and orange by his feet. Great photos!!

    ReplyDelete